Friday 10 January 2014

Additional Services Not Normally Offered

As a Transcriptionist/Virtual Assistant I am kept busy with work that I am comfortable doing. There are of course calls from people that require services that I do offer as well as ones I don't. The question is always how to deal with such instances.

For those services that I don't normally offer, if that is all a client requires, I will pass on the lead to other Virtual Assistants that offer those services. If a client requires services that I do and don't offer then the situation becomes more complicated. For me, and often for the client, the easiest way to handle the situation is for me to take control of all the work and subcontract out the work that I don't do.

The advantage of subcontracting out the work of course is that I can ensure my clients are attended to in the manner that they are used to, with work being completed on time and to a high standard. I can also ensure that the deadlines are adhered to and that the relationship I have with my client is maintained.

The major advantage to the client of course is that they only have one invoice to deal with at the end of the month, as well as having one point of contact for any questions they may have.

I would love to know how others handle the work that is out of their comfort zone.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. Thanks for sharing. I'm still working on this side of my business and hope to also be in a position to subcontract any work that comes my way that I don't feel comfortable in doing by building up a team of associate VA's. Might a little way down the pipeline yet, as I'm so busy with my own set up haha!

    ReplyDelete